1. Introduction & General Terms
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us online or by phone.
In order to provide you with the full range of Unicol services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- what information Unicol may collect about you;
- how Unicol will use information we collect about you;
- when Unicol may use your details to contact you;
- whether Unicol will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
2. What information will Unicol collect about me?
When registering online or creating an account using Unicol’s online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone, mobile number and company name.
By submitting your details, you enable Unicol (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services you select.
3. How will Unicol use the information it collects about me?
Unicol will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for "service administration purposes", which means that Unicol may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in section 5 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made, for additional information.
- to provide you with information about our services;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not.
- to analyse and improve the services offered on the Unicol website;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Unicol may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where Unicol proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
4. When will Unicol contact me?
Unicol may contact you:
- in relation to any service, in order to ensure that Unicol can deliver the service to you;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Unicol products or services;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Unicol services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 6 below)
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Unicol will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, or online content where you have agreed to this.
6. Will Unicol share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 8 below. Generally, we will only use your information within Unicol. However, sometimes Unicol may use third parties to process your information on our behalf. Unicol requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Unicol requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on the Unicol website.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to the Unicol website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Unicol service, Unicol may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Unicol reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Unicol may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. How long will Unicol keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you have an account with us. If you cancel your registration as a Unicol website member and your account is deleted your records stay on our system for administration purposes.